The Kaspersky Quick Start Guide, which contains your activation code, informs users to hold onto the document, but many individuals end up misplacing it. For those who purchase their products online, the activation code comes in the form of an email, which, again, many users forget to save.
According to the License Agreement terms, “To check the legitimacy of the Software use the Rightholder reserves the right to use means to verify that you have a licensed copy of the Software.” Technical Support specialists can ask to verify the legitimacy of your software use by providing a copy of a document containing the code. If you cannot provide a copy, your software will work with limited functionality and Kaspersky Lab specialists may cancel providing technical support. Therefore, you should keep the document in a secure place.
And what should you do if the code is lost? If you reinstall the software, you need to request the code again. Activation codes are not stored in applications or registry. If your current activation code was not added to My Account (my.kaspersky.com), you will have to remember where you stored it.
If the license was purchased in Online Shop, you can easily request to re-send your order or you therefore need to contact the online shop directly.
If you bought your license in a shop on a physical medium (e.g. CD), you can submit a request to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support and attach a screenshot of the window with your license number.
Kaspersky Activate | Steps to install if you have a kaspersky activation code :-
- First of all make sure that the system date is set correctly on your computer. If the system date is incorrect, set it correctly.
- Enter the activation code into the corresponding field in the Activation window.Please note that the code only contains Latin letters and numbers.
- If you cannot find the Activation window or if you closed the application after installing it, run Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016
- And click the link Enter activation code in the lower-right part of the main window.
- Click Activate.
- Finally , In a the window with the Activation completed successfully notification, click Finish.
- Save your activation code in a secure place (for example, using the My Kaspersky service)